Friday, July 22, 2011

MacHilarity Part Deuce: Revenge of the Birds

Alright! I'm so annoyed with feathers right now. A certain someone has feathers all over her costume (on purpose), but they aren't staying on...Last night was an epic night of watching Disney movies and pulling out the hot glue gun to secure the flighty bits.



1) Don't grab the glue gun by the front
2) Don't tightly grab chicken bones (yes, they are also on said costume)...they are prickly,
3) Make sure you don't glue while on carpet,
4) Don't drink ANY beverage near feathers...
5) Always, always, ALWAYS, most of the time...ALWAYS! Remember...(the fifth of november)...WHERE YOU PUT YOUR NEEDLES. [This time my butt found a needle]

I only have one costume left to stitch together, but after that I only have details and pretty things to sew on costumes...AND WE AREN'T EVEN IN HELL WEEK...Huzzah!!!!! My only concern at this point is when all our online purchases will arrive. Don't judge me for not making everything myself...I have a life...a dissertation I need to work on...etc etc...(insert something that sounds like whining).

A few minor setbacks may have put us a tad over-budget, but my hope is that we can cut costs by using free services some of the cast/crew are able to provide us :) In all though, most, if not all, our purchases will be useful for shows after the Scottish Play. I have learned that certain skirts that look lovely in pictures, and lovely in person, are not as complicated as we initially thought...I could've made the same damn thing out of a simple rectangular fabric with 3 lines of stitching...Oh well, renaissance clothing is not my specialty...YET!

I will wrap up the MacHilarity blogs by mentioning how in love I am with Poor Yorick's Players. This is the first time I don't feel ridiculously stressed out as a costumer, and the director is very vocal about her wants/desires for costumes. The latter bit is a huge help in making sure I make the costumes to fit her vision, not my own.

Don't fret little ones...blogs on a costumers perspective in PYP will continue...just maybe not with the same theme/play/yadayadayada...blahblahblah.

Signing off and hoping you ALL come to see the show,

Bobby Karimi
PhD Candidate
Costuming Efficianado
Minor Actor
All-around sexy beast

No comments:

Post a Comment